Monday, June 27, 2011

Recap 6/27....

Apologize for not writing anything for a week.  I know some of you come here daily, and finding nothing to read is unacceptable.  We'll get it going again now that the move is over.  Officially a resident of Mason, OH.  Tampa, FL is now a thing of the past, but won't be forgotten.

So of course, as we all know, the Reds were last in Tampa in 2003 and then return two days after I fleed the premises.  Sucks, bad.  I kept saying I would take off of work all of the days they were there so I could go to them, drink, stay out all night, get up and go to batting practice.  Just do the whole thing.  Now, nothing.  Thanks for going Rob and Jeff, I'll live through you guys on this one.

Reds are showing signs of getting it going.  And I'm not just saying that because they have won 2 out of 3.  Just seems like in the last week or so, almost every player on the team has had a good game or two.  If everyone is playing well, they all know they could be the hero on any given night.  From Heisey to Gomes.  From Janish to Bruce.  From Leake to Chapman.  Everyone, except of course Renteria, but cmon, that's just asking for way too much.

As you all know, I'm usually the guy that wants to stand pat as they say.  I don't want any big changes and kneejerk moves and all that.  But I got to thinking.  If Votto really is only going to be here for a couple more years, and it seems like pitchers are a crapshoot with injuries and the likes, then we need to do something now.  So if bringing up Cozart and or making a trade is what needs to be done to get things going, then let's do it.  I'm still a Janish guy and I believe if he played the whole year he would bat .250 and really help this team, but if they want to try Cozart, I'm in, screw it, let's do it.

Who do you trade if you trade someone?  All this talk of trading Volquez and Renteria and Gomes and whatnot needs to stop.  Who are you going to get for them?  A bag of balls?  Just because they suck for the Reds doesn't mean someone else will want them.  If we want to talk trade chips, then Cozart, Mez, and maybe Heisey need to be thrown out there.  Look, I don't want to get rid of the AAA guys either, but I'd rather get rid of guys that I'm not really attached to yet.  Did that sound gay?  Didn't mean it that way.

Need a strong finish before the all star break.  Really anything over .500 from here on out will be fine.  I don't see the Cards or Brewers running away with anything so being 3 to 4 games over .500 at the break wouldn't be the end of the world.  I read today that someone said that if it were September right now, we would say the Reds were in a pennant race.  So why is everyone saying we are done and have no chance with 80 some games to go?  As I always say, you play nine innings for a reason, which also means you play 162 games for a reason.

Big game Tuesday night.  Need a series win.  Let's go get em.  Til next time....

Curt

 - i want my fucking xbox back!

No comments:

Post a Comment