Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bartman and More....

A couple hot button issues today and then we'll get to the premiere part of the evening, The Bartman Documentary. 

This first thing I wanted to comment on is the Vick thing.  The topic is about how he said the refs were treating him differently and how now he is retracting those comments.  Some are saying this will hurt him and some are saying it will help.  Put me in the help him category.  I know that officials will try all they can to ignore this and just call the game the same as usual, but there has to be a couple times in the game where a close play will happen.  I just can't see the officials weighing off of Vick's side.  They know the head honchos will be watching and they don't want to be on the highlights as the ref that was proven to be treating him differently.  So because of this I'm sure that he'll get a call or two from an official that doesn't want to be wrong.  I don't think the ref will try to make a call to help him out or anything, but he'll accidentally try to save his own ass.  Hope that made sense, I'm sure it did.  Either way, the Eagles will probably roll the niners this weekend.  It's the kind of game a good team doesn't lose.

These wild card races are getting pretty, um, wild.  The Red Sox chokejob right now is of epic proportions.  The Rays are coming and they are going to end up taking this thing.  And if the Rays get to the playoffs, they will be a force to be reckoned with.  They aren't necessarily a great "team", but their pitching rivals anyone and in a short series they will have the best staff in the playoffs.  As for the NL, I really really hope the Cardinals don't make it. They don't deserve to, they suck.  How bad does this thought piss you off?  The Reds were 2.5 games behind the Cards on August 28th.  That could be us right now making a run.  That's why I never want to say it's over, even though it probably is.  You just never know.

Yes, I think John Fox should put a package in for Tebow in the red zone.  You have to use what you have, and he is a good weapon down there.  Sorry, but you need to adjust to the times old man.

Ok, I don't know if you watched it or not, but you really need to.  The Bartman Documentary called Catching Hell is easily the second best documentary I've seen on the ESPN 30 for 30 series.  The best is still Two Escobars but this one is right up there. 

It's just awesome how they get all these people that were there to give accounts of the night.  Some feel for him, some hate him, some are just in awe of the whole night.  I can't believe some of the people though.  Really, you are going to go up to him and throw a beer at him?  You are going to yell, I hope you die at someone you don't know?  I get the chanting asshole and the fear of knowing something awful is happening to your team, but chill out. 

It's really sad to think about how a guys life was just ruined.  He had cops surrounding his house for days because of death threats.  He had to quit his job.  He couldn't show his face in public.  I mean he didn't ask for any of this, it's just awful.  I mean, could you imagine?  Haley asked me...do you think he's watching right now?  I say, absolutely, it's his life.

I think what he did was wrong, but I believe that any of us would have done the same thing if we were sitting there.  I mean look at how many other people were trying to get the ball, if they were in that seat they would be the ones on the documentary right now.  I think things in life are just meant to be, and that was one.  That's definitely one question I'll ask God in heaven.  Hey God, was that planned to screw the Cubs?  I think he'll smirk, nod, and say, Yep, don't you just love sports?

And just a flat out well done documentary.  Great job by the producer.  Not that I know anything about that stuff, but it was great.

Til next time...

Curt

Steve Bartman: If you have any more of steve bartman pictures that i don't have ...

No comments:

Post a Comment