Friday, September 6, 2013

NFL Preview 2013

The other day I was watching ESPN, and between stories about Manziel deserving a million dollar paycheck and some old guys getting money for playing football, I decided to go through the entire NFL schedule and write down each teams record.  I just flat out said, who will win this game, and who will lose.  Here is what I came up with as far as records, along with what I think will shake out in the playoffs in this upcoming NFL season...

AFC EAST
13-3  Patriots
6-10  Bills
4-12  Jets
4-12  Dolphins

AFC NORTH
10-6  Bengals
8-8    Browns
6-10  Steelers
5-11  Ravens



AFC SOUTH
13-3  Texans
11-5  Colts
6-10  Titans
4-12  Jaguars

AFC WEST
12-4  Broncos
9-7    Chiefs
6-10  Chargers
6-10  Raiders

Some things that stand out in these regular season predictions...

Looks like I'm really down on the Steelers and Ravens.  Sorry, but how lucky can the Ravens get?  It has to run out sooner or later, and they just seem to have gotten worse, not better.  The Steelers have been on a downward spiral for a couple years now.  I think this is where they complete fall off.

Colts are going to have a huge year.  With Luck at the helm, they will be in every game.  He is so cool and calm under pressure that the Colts will pull out a lot of close games in the end.

Chiefs will have a good year, they play the Chargers and Raiders four times, so that helps.  I see them getting the final Wild Card.

I have the Broncos at 12-4.  I just didn't want to look like too much of a homer, but I don't think they'll lose a game.  19-0.

WILD CARD GAMES
Chiefs at Broncos
Colts at Bengals

DIVISIONAL ROUND GAMES
Broncos at Texans
Bengals at Patriots



AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Bengals at Broncos

BRONCOS to the Super Bowl

NFC EAST
9-7    Giants
8-8    Redskins
7-9    Eagles
6-10  Cowboys



NFC NORTH
10-6  Packers
10-6  Lions
9-7    Bears
8-8    Vikings

NFC SOUTH
12-4  Falcons
10-6  Saints
10-6  Panthers
4-12  Buccaneers

NFC WEST
11-5  49ers
9-7    Seahawks
8-8    Rams
2-14  Cardinals

Some things that stand out in these regular season predictions...

I like the Panthers this year.  I think they get the final Wild Card.  They had so many close games go the wrong way last year, it'll probably even out this year.  And last year you could tell Cam was staying in the pocket more than normal, he was probably told to do that.  I think the Panthers realized it didn't work, look for him to be running around like he did in his rookie year, and it'll be successful.

Cowboys are going to be dismal.  Other than Dez, they don't have a lot of weapons.  Murray is so injury prone.  Witten is old.  Austin isn't what he was.  Romo will have to do too much, and it's going to be bad for him I believe.

Cardinals are going to be the worst team in the NFL.  Why?  Not totally sure, but almost every game I looked at, I found it very hard to find some wins for them.  Peterson could win a couple on his own I guess.

I have the Lions missing out on the last playoff spot, but I think they'll be strong like they were two years ago.  Bush and Calvin will have monster years, along with Broyles once he gets going.

WILD CARD GAMES
Panthers at Packers
Saints at Giants

DIVISIONAL ROUND GAMES
Packers at 49ers
Giants at Falcons

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Packers at Falcons

SUPER BOWL
BRONCOS OVER PACKERS



MVP
Peyton Manning - I mean the guy is on pace for 103 Touchdown passes.  I think that would nail down the MVP Award.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

1.  Von Miller will lead the AFC in sacks, even though he is missing the first six games.

2.  The Super Bowl will be worse than people are expecting, it'll be a snowy nightmare.  Which in turn will make it one of the most memorable Super Bowls ever.

3.  Two coaches will get into an actual fight when shaking hands after a game.  I'm going with Harbaugh and Fisher.

4.  Brady will have a down year and will finally blow up on Bill for not getting him enough weapons to be successful.

5.  Tim Tebow will be picked up by a team and score a meaningful TD in a playoff game.  My prediction?  I think the Bengals, as a fullback.

FANTASY BUSTOUTS
D'Angelo Williams
Bilal Powell
Daniel Thomas
Mike Williams
Randall Cobb
Alshon Jeffery
Julius Thomas
Jared Cook
Tyler Eifert



FANTASY BUSTS
Arian Foster
Frank Gore
Demarco Murray
Mike Wallace
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Jason Witten
Antonio Gates
Aaron Hernandez

So there you have it, my NFL Preview.  Would love to hear from you Bengals and Browns fans on what you think of the records I predicted.  And feel free to call me a homer, that's fine.  At least this year my homerdom is probably justified.  I guess we'll see.  Thanks for reading.

Curt

No comments:

Post a Comment