Monday, September 2, 2013

10 Thoughts from the Weekend

Just some thoughts from this weekend as I sit here and watch the rerun of the BET Awards...

- It was 1000 degrees at Papa John's stadium.  Miserable game, Bobcats got humiliated.  Solich was way too conservative.  First two possessions were three and outs with one pass and five runs up the middle.  Three of Bridgewater's five TD's were to guys so wide open no one was within ten yards.  That's not getting beat, man on man, that's either bad coaching or bad execution.  If they can get that cleaned up, they'll still have a very good year.

- I'm a fan of Johnny Manziel.  Dude is slick, and I have no problem with the swagger he plays with.  I liked to play the same way, some people don't like it, but to me it's fun.  Like I always said when I played, I'm not going to start anything, I never look for that, but if someone wants to talk, I'll talk.

- All four of my picks to win it all in College Football survived Week 1.  Oklahoma State with a decent win.  Stanford survived the bye.  South Carolina won handily on Opening Night.  Clemson with a huge win.

- Great win by the Reds Monday.  Three more and we got a whole new ballgame with 20 games to go.  Everyone on the team is getting it going right now, except for my man Votto, ugggh, this guy.

- Mat Latos is an ace, and should finish top three in the Cy Young race this year.  Reds have to pay him long term, but if they do, how can they pay Bailey also?  Will be interesting.



- Had a fantasy draft on Saturday.  Took Peterson, Demaryius Thomas, Peyton Manning, and Eric Decker with my first four picks.  So ya, as long as the Broncos score points, it'll be a fun year.

- Louisville is no slouch when it comes to the college coeds.  Pleasantly surprised by the quality and quantity on campus.

- Tebow cut.  He needs to come out and say he doesn't want to play quarterback anymore.  He's had his chances, it's not going to happen.  If he was available to play another position, I would want the Broncos to get him right now.  Could you imagine a third and one, hand off to Tebow, he trucks some linebacker in the hole, gets the first, pops up, excites the crowd, it would be awesome.  I'm all for Tebow doing that, so why doesn't he do that for some team?

- With four weeks remaining in the baseball season, only one team has been officially eliminated.  But, if you look at ESPN's playoff percentages, nine teams have over 90%.  There will be a couple division races that come down to the wire, but in a week or two, there won't be very many teams still in the running for a playoff spot, too many teams are running away with it.

- Three days until Broncos - Ravens.  Starting to stress out a little bit.  Taking Friday off.

Curt

No comments:

Post a Comment